Become an advocate for contemporary education
With a Master of Education from Southern Cross University, you’ll be prepared for all the challenges that come with a fulfilling career in education. Students will become contemporary educational leaders for their school systems, permeating positive change through every level of the school. You can specialise your online postgraduate education degree in Educational Leadership, Educational Wellbeing or Educational Inclusion and Diversity. You also have the option to choose elective units from these specialisations to gain a generalist Master of Education degree. With a curriculum tailored to your interests and career ambitions, you can choose to grow in the direction you’re most passionate about.
Who's It For?
Our Master of Education students work in a variety of educational contexts around Australia. Below is a snapshot of some of these roles and jobs.
- Deputy Head of School
- Lead Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Education Consultant
- Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Principal
- Community Wellbeing Coordinator
What You'll Learn
- Lead wellbeing initiatives – Examine and implement wellbeing best practice across all levels within your school
- Become an advocate for contemporary education – From discerning between leadership styles to driving educational reform using your research skills and knowledge, be an empowering leader for your school
- Gain business administration skills – Enhance key business knowledge and be prepared for the administrative and financial decisions and demands of a senior education role
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 16 months part-time
To qualify for entry to the Master of Education online, you must have:
- A four-year Bachelor degree in Education from any Australian university or equivalent; OR
- An undergraduate degree and a fourth-year level teaching qualification from any Australian university or equivalent
- Non-standard language admission requirements for international students (IELTS) with an overall score of 7.5 or equivalent
- Gain specialised skills and knowledge
- Learn from experienced primary and secondary academics
- Become an effective leader in the school and classroom
- Supports next step in educational career
- Be supported every step of the way
- Accelerated, online learning designed for busy teachers
- One of Australia’s most affordable online Master of Education degrees
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
To gain your Master of Education, you will study four core units and four elective units. To complete a generalist Master of Education, you can choose four electives across any specialisation. If you want to tailor your degree to your area of interest, you can choose to specialise in Educational Leadership, Educational Wellbeing or Educational Inclusion and Diversity, each having four specific elective units to complete.
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G