- Currently offering course discounts as part of our Study Now, Pay Later promotion.
Join the fitness industry as a personal trainer and feel the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in people’s lives. Becoming a personal trainer can be very rewarding and having the flexibility of being your own boss and choosing your own hours is a great way to work.
To become an accredited Personal Trainer in Australia, you must hold: SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness and SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness.
The Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30321) is a prerequisite for the Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40221), and you will study both in our Personal Trainer Course. Upon completion of both Certificates, you will in effect have your personal trainer certification.
Not everyone prefers to learn in the same way or has the same lifestyle and work commitments. Therefore, we suggest studying online at your own pace by using our interactive online learning platform or the AFA app. Online learning includes access to all course materials, with student support services available if you have any queries or require assistance with your coursework. You can contact our student support team as often as you like and we’re very flexible in regards to adjusting your studies around your busy life. Start your new career in fitness from the comfort of your own home.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months to complete each certificate
- 62 hours practical placement
- 50-hour professional practise logbook
- First Aid is a unit within the Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30321) — this online course does not include first aid.
- Students studying online in Victoria can arrange to complete the first aid unit at AFA (at an additional cost of $100). Alternatively, students can complete the first aid unit with another provider and supply a copy of the qualification to AFA to obtain a ‘credit’ for the unit. The required unit is HLTAID011 Provide first aid.
- Several units from Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30321) are pre-requisites for Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215).
Practical Placement is an integral component of our qualifications. It is completed in an approved fitness centre/PT studio and is supervised by a qualified personal trainer in the capacity of your mentor.
Students must complete:
- 32 hours placement for the Certificate III in Fitness
30 hours placement for the Certificate IV in Fitness
50 hours professional practice logbook
AFA is also partnered with 2XU, the industry leader in sports performance clothing, and once your placement gets underway, we will provide you with a custom uniform so you can look the part while completing your Practical Placement.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Practical placements
- Case studies
- Written assessments
- Online quizzes
About Australian Fitness Academy
Australian Fitness Academy has been delivering fitness qualifications for over 29 years. Over this time we have discovered how students prefer to study and how to effectively integrate study into people’s lifestyles (through offering online and face-to-face courses), whilst not compromising on the standards of our courses. Our qualifications are nationally recognised, you can study from anywhere in Australia, and extensive student support services are in place to support you through your course and into a rewarding career in the fitness industry.
The Academy works with a large range of organisations to help people through their fitness studies from Employment Service Providers to Secondary Schools, Sporting Clubs and Fitness Centres. Over the years the Academy has built up a strong network of fitness industry relationships which help connect students to the industry through work placement and employment.
Australian Fitness Academy Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21062)