What is a CHC30213 Certificate III in education support?
A certificate III in education support is a qualification that teaches students to become a teachers aide, education support workers, education assistant or support worker for educational programs. It’s designed to qualify students to work in those roles or as a starting point for those who may want to go on to work as teachers, but who didn’t achieve the entry requirements or are looking for an alternative pathway to work
What will a Certificate III in education support (CHC30213) teach me?
An Australian Certificate III in education support will you give all the basics you need to continue study or go into work as a teacher aide. It may also allow you to complete a work placement or traineeship so that when you enter the workforce, you already have experience in the industry. It will also ensure you have the relevant safety requirements for working with children, including your working with children’s check. While completing a Certificate III in education support you will complete several core units and have the option of complete elective units in further study. Some of the units you may complete during your education programs include:
- CHCEDS017 Contribute to the Health and Safety of Students
- CHCEDS007 Work Effectively With Students and Colleagues
- CHCEDS004 Contribute to Organisation and Management of Classroom or Centre
- CHCEDS018 Support Students with Additional Needs in the Classroom Environment
- CHCEDS003 Contribute to Student Education in All Developmental Domains
- CHCEDS002 Assist in the Implementation of Planned Educational Programs
- CHCEDS005 Support the Development of Literacy and Oral Language Skills
- CHCEDS001 Comply With Legislative, Policy and Industrial Requirements in the Education Environment
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Cultural Safety
- CHCECE006 Support Behaviour of Children and Young People
- CHCEDS006 Support the Development of Numeracy Skills
- CHCDIV001 Work With Diverse People
- CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk
- CHCEDS016 Support Learning for Students With Disabilities in a Classroom Environment
- CHCEDS012 Set Up and Sustain Individual and Small Group Learning Areas
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- CHCEDS008 Comply With School Administrative Requirements
- HLTWHS001 Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
How to study a Certificate III in education support:
If you think that the successful completion of a Cert III with an RTO could be beneficial to your career, there are several ways to learn. Depending on the provider, there may be an online course option, as well as in-person courses. This means that whether you’re an international student or domestic, there’s an option for you, although international students should enquire with CRICOS to be sure.
Thre are also often options for recognition of prior learning. For example, if you’ve already completed a course in early childhood education or worked in community education, then many organisations will recognise tat and potentially allow you to put that experience towards your study. Each individual provider offers different payment options, tuition fees, course fees and payment plans.
Whether you want to work with children with special needs, or just help out in a classroom, a Certificate III in education support is the perfect starting point, Learn more by browsing our list of courses!