- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualifies you to work under the guidance of teachers and professional educators in a variety of classroom settings. This qualification reflects the role of workers who assist teachers and support student learning in public, private or community schools across Australia.
From providing teachers with administrative support to supervising excursions and monitoring student behaviour, the responsibilities of assistant educators are crucial to the successful running of a classroom. With a Certificate III in School Based Education Support, you will graduate with the knowledge and credentials to apply for a range of varying and fulfilling education support jobs.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Teacher Aide
- Teachers Assistant
What You'll Learn
- Support teachers in a variety of administrative tasks
- Provide educational support to individual students
- Implement lesson plans
- Facilitate learning while complying with legislative, policy and industrial requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 12 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Do you have a passion for education?
Assistant Educators are imperative to the schooling system, reinforcing student learning by providing additional support.
Already working in education support?
This qualification will allow you to increase your responsibility in the classroom, facilitating learning in a range of classroom settings, including assisting students in need of additional support.
Ready for a new challenge?
Earn a nationally recognised qualification in only 18 months that will leave you with the skills and experience to apply for your dream jobs.
This course has 100 hours of mandatory placement. Students must have access to a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students, within at least one school in Australia, AND access to a qualified teacher who is employed at the school.
Where required, we will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing. Students must also apply for their Working with Children check at course commencement.
- Knowledge questions
- Case Study
To achieve the Certificate III in School Based Education Support, you must complete 15 units.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)