- Please note that Melbourne City Institute of Education cannot accept a Subclass 500 Student Visa
Our aged care training has been developed in consultation with the community services industry to ensure graduates are equipped with the necessary skills to build a rewarding career.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Accommodation support worker
- Care worker
- In-home respite worker
- Community care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Support worker
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- Melbourne CBD
Duration Study Load
- 9 months
- 120 hours work placement
- National Police Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Statutory Declaration
- Pre-training review process to determine if you are suitable for this course
A minimum of 120 hours Work Placement must be undertaken.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
RPL and Credit Transfer are available.
Written, simulated and workplace based practical observations.
- Location: Aged and Disabled Carers work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in Health Care and Social Assistance; Public Administration and Safety; and Administrative and Support Services.
- Earnings: Full-time workers on an adult wage earn around $1,265 per week (below the average of $1,460). Salaries tend to be lower when starting and higher as experience grows.
- Full-time: Less than half work full-time (33%, less than the average of 66%), showing there are many opportunities to work part-time.
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 43 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 47 years (compared to the average of 40 years). Many workers are 45 years or older (56%).
- Gender: 80% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
About Melbourne City Institute of Education
MCIE is a vibrant Melbourne based Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with focus is on student support. MCIE has helped students fulfil their career goals in hospitality, early childhood education, aged care, leadership & management and business. Our students receive career-focused training that is industry driven to achieve best practice job ready outcomes. Industry consultation ensures the curriculum delivers the right skills, knowledge, and experiences that support students with vocational and employment goals.
Melbourne City Institute of Education is a trading name of Melbourne City Institute of Education Pty. Ltd. as Trustee for MCIE Unit Trust which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 22172)