CAL’s Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Site Management) will develop your skills in the building and construction industry to give you the ability to successfully manage a construction site. Step up from Foreperson and Site Supervisor roles with the confidence to handle all aspects of construction site management from administration to planning, team leadership and operations to ensure regulations and project requirements are met.
Graduating with this Certificate IV will set you up for success to manage construction sites on small residential and commercial construction projects to ensure planning and operations run smoothly. With the right planning skills, you’ll ensure sites are prepared with all deliveries and resources arranged and scheduled for work to begin.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Site Manager
- Site Supervisor
- Leading Hand
What You'll Learn
- Manage construction project resources to ensure projects run smoothly
- Understand and interpret information from sites and set-out plans and manage the application of building codes
- Establish a workplace safety plan to keep crews and subcontractors safe
- Prepare tender documentation and administer contracts
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: approx 16-18 months
- Full-time: approx 12 months
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)