The MSF40118 Certificate IV in Interior Decoration will equip you with a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of interior decoration, as well as the skills needed to run your own business in the industry.
This flexible, online interior decoration course offers you an introduction into the world of interior design and the skills to establish a successful career within the industry.
Who's It For?
- This course is a perfect entry point into interior design and decoration for people with no experience and who want to start a career in the industry
- This qualification is also perfect if you have been working in the industry for a while and need a way to formalise your experience and take the next step in your career or want to start your own interior design or decoration consultancy
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Independent/Freelance Interior Decoration Consultant
- Junior Interior Designer
- Retail Assistant
What You'll Learn
- You will learn how to use colour, space and furnishings to create inspired interiors
- You’ll gain the skills to produce drawings to communicate your ideas to clients
- The course will introduce you to architectural styles and movements, and will teach you how to research and recommend furniture, accessories, soft furnishings, hard materials and finishes
- During your studies you will also identify materials, construction techniques and methods used in building interiors
- If you’re hoping to start your own interior decoration consultancy, this course will give you the skills to monitor and manage small business operations
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Maximum 24 months
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensures the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email
- These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete year 12
- Have basic computing skills including the ability to make a short video
- During the course, you’ll receive a professional design kit to ensure you have all the tools you need to bring your designs to life
- Your course fees include a student membership to the Design Institute of Australia, the peak body for design professionals in Australia
- Membership benefits are available for the duration of your course and include access to state events, newsletters, and networking opportunities, among others
- If you are looking to pursue more advanced qualifications, this Certificate IV could provide a pathway into further study, including the MSF50218 Diploma of Interior Design (Not offered by Open Colleges)
- When you graduate you will have a nationally recognised qualification that you can use to gain work all across Australia
- You will be supported through your course by a team of industry-experienced Trainers and Assessors who are hugely passionate about the industry and fully committed to helping you develop your skills
Recognition Of Prior Learning
We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
- Source information on 2-dimensional design
- Explore the creative design process for 2-dimensional forms
- Communicate concepts or ideas through application of design processes to 2-dimensional forms
- Assess colour requirements for the project
- Research colour schemes for interiors
- Explore colour schemes
- Finalise and present colour scheme
- Determine project requirements
- Research furniture and accessories options
- Refine ideas and select preferred solution
- Make recommendations to client
- Identify presentation requirements from project briefs
- Prepare boards
- Prepare for client presentation
- Review and evaluate operational strategies and procedures
- Implement operational strategies and procedures
- Evaluate business performance
- Review business operations
About Open Colleges
Open Colleges puts you at the centre of everything we do. As an institution, we measure our success in the success of our students.
We have more than 125 years of experience in distance education, and this has given us the time to perfect the ways we deliver education and training to people across Australia. In the last decade alone, we’ve helped more than 450,000 students reach their potential.
We understand the needs of adult learners. That’s why we created OpenSpace, our world-class online learning platform that gives you complete flexibility and control to study whenever and wherever you are. OpenSpace provides you with access to learning resources, expert trainers and assessors, a superior support network and the opportunity to connect with other learners just like you.
Our nationally recognised courses could help you launch, change or accelerate your career. Now is the time to make your next move. With Open Colleges, everything could happen.
Open Colleges Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 90796)