- This is NOT a free course. We are a private RTO and therefore government funding is not available. Please check eligibility requirements before enquiring.
CAL’s Certificate IV in Project Management Practice equips you with the skills you need to enter project management in any field. This course will give you the confidence to work autonomously and apply project management skills and knowledge in a wide variety of contexts. You’ll learn fundamental skills in project scoping, scheduling and quality planning, helping you to ensure your projects are finished successfully on time and to budget and take your first steps into a project management career.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Project Coordinator
- Senior Project Administrator
- Contract Administrator
What You'll Learn
- Applying risk management techniques to projects
- Effectively define project scope and apply scope controls
- Foundations of managing small to large projects using the PMBOK 10 knowledge areas
- Managing project human resources and stakeholder information
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Part-time: 12 months
- Full-time: 8 months
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced. This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 8 months with a full-time study load or in 12-16 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a 24-month standard course enrolment duration, depending on circumstances.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets
- A PDF Reader installed
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained and your readiness to proceed to the next unit
- You will receive a personal learning plan, regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Where is will lead me
- CAL’s Certificate IV in Project Management Practice will set you up for long-term career growth, from identifying time and cost constraints to applying human resource management techniques and communicating with stakeholders. In addition to transferrable skills such as self-management, you’ll also develop essential skills in project budgeting, scheduling and quality planning
- You’ll be set up to be an effective project manager in a variety of industries, including construction management, IT, business administration, community services and many more
Who's it for?
This program is designed for current project team members and project managers, project or program administrators and anyone new to project management seeking to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to work effectively in the field. This can be either assisting in the planning, management and control of projects or managing one’s own smaller project.
About The College for Adult Learning
The College for Adult Learning is an award-winning Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivering high-quality training, unparalleled flexibility and real career outcomes to thousands of students over the last 10 years.
We started as a team of three dedicated, senior executives from the TAFE/University sectors inspired by adult learners across Australia desperate for relevant courses, practical study options, comprehensive support, work-ready skills and real outcomes.
As passionate educators and leaders with over 30 years’ experience in vocational and higher education, we were continually frustrated with the ‘one size fits all’ training standards being offered in the Australian marketplace. Knowing the struggles that learners faced, we started with practical, outcomes-focused training solutions then created a learning model that allowed students freedom and flexibility while providing a strong support foundation.
We now provide a supportive online learning environment, 24/7 access to course content so you can go at your own pace, and unlimited opportunities to connect with experienced industry professionals for mentorship and support. CAL continues to partner with industry leaders when we develop our training solutions to ensure that our content is accurate, current and relevant to the workplaces of today with the visions of tomorrow.
We proudly specialise in delivering the skills that industry demands and future leaders need.
College for Adult Learning Pty. Ltd. as The Trustee for Golding/Sabell Trust is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 22228)