Are you looking to start a career in community services? Upskilled’s CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services is an ideal qualification if you have an interest in developing specialised skills to prepare you for work in the community services industry. All broad concepts will be touched upon throughout the course, giving you the opportunity to gain insights on community services and the tools and knowledge needed to work with people of all backgrounds.
After course completion, you can pursue careers like Care Worker or Centre Manager. With community services being a hands-on industry, you’ll also be required to undergo work placement, further developing your professional skills and preparing you for different scenarios as you progress with your career in community services.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Care Worker
- Centre Manager
What You'll Learn
- Undertake project work
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Implement community development strategies
- Manage work health and safety
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 18-24 months
- 100 hours of work placement
- Upskilled always want to ensure that our students are enrolled in the right course for them. Enquire now to get more details.
By choosing Upskilled, you will gain access to supplementary resources that can help with your studies. These inclusions aim to enhance your online learning experience, making it interactive and engaging. These include:
- Access to Upskilled’s customised learning platform, MyUpskilled
- Student Support Team
- Core and specialist trainers
- Online tutorials
Video content access to:
- LinkedIn Learning
Show Off Your Achievements with Upskilled Digital Credentials!
Students who successfully complete their qualification receive a digital badge from Upskilled to display on LinkedIn and other social media platforms, your resume and more. Our sharable badges are portable, verifiable credentials that validate your knowledge, skills and experience in the area of your studies.
Since you worked hard to earn it – why not show everyone your accomplishments?
Role-Playing and Interactive Learning Activities
This course comes with Interactive Learning Activities. Upskilled understands the importance of practical experience, so to complement the theory components of your course, our specialist trainers may run ad-hoc Interactive Learning Activities.
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other students – sharing questions, thoughts and ideas, as well as participating together in interactive learning activities.
While the Interactive Learning Activities are not mandatory, your participation is encouraged. You can receive some additional benefits and support, which may include:
- Having a study buddy where you can bounce off ideas and help each other with assessments.
- Online Classrooms where our specialist trainers can go over learning content that’s part of your course.
- Activities that relate to your assessments, which can help boost your knowledge and skills.
- Additionally, role-playing is included in some of the learning areas of this course. It will also make up some of the practical elements of your assessments, including the assessments in your work placement.
- This qualification will have you undertake a work placement at a nominated host organisation approved by Upskilled
- Work placement has been specifically designed to help prepare you for potential career outcomes, giving you the opportunity to further implement and gain practical skills and valuable industry insights through a real-life workplace
- Your work placement will commence once you have completed most of the theory components of your course
Here are some key requirements you should be aware of for the CHC52015 – Diploma of Community Services:
- You will need to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of work placement
- It is your responsibility to source a suitable host organisation for work placement. Please note that this can take up to several weeks, so it is recommended to allocate sufficient time when sourcing host suitable organisations
- If you are unable to locate a host organisation, Upskilled’s Work Placement Officer can assist you in finding one. Please note that it is required to provide Upskilled with a list of host organisations who have declined your requests for work placement via MyUpskilled
- Once you have successfully secured a work placement with a host organisation, you will need to complete the Work Placement Agreement Form and submit via MyUpskilled. Please note that Upskilled must approve the Work Placement Agreement before you start your work placement
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) provided that you have supporting evidence of any prior education and work experience. This can either reduce your study load or shorten the duration of your course. Prior to enrolment, please speak with your Education Consultant for further details
- After enrolment, you can download the application from MyUpskilled, or on request from Student Support. A trainer will be assigned to assess your eligibility for RPL and/or CT
- This course will have you undertake summative and formative assessments, write reports and/or create a portfolio, and participate in role-playing scenarios
- You’ll also be working on a variety of projects that require your own research as well as answering various written/oral questions that apply the theory you learn into practice
Upskilled is Australia's pre-eminent provider of qualifications at certificate and diploma level. We specialise in the online delivery of nationally accredited courses in key industries, ensuring that every learning experience is an investment in career opportunity. Upskilled is proud to be synonymous with outcomes that skill the economy, support the community, and reward our graduates on both a personal and professional level.
At the heart of Upskilled is a commitment to exploring the training opportunities made possible by the digital age. As the internet revolutionises the educational playing field, the rules of student engagement must evolve just as quickly.
Upskilled understands that instant access does not equate to instant knowledge. We understand that a new kind of student requires a new style of learning.
At its heart, learning is an interaction. For that reason, the tools that deliver effective skills learning must be interactive too. By understanding how people systemise information effectively, Upskilled has been able to develop online programs that make study natural, rewarding, and fun.
Upskilled Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organization (RTO 40374)