- Only Australian citizens or residents are eligible to apply for this course. We are not CRICOS registered and are unable to accept enrolments from International Student Visa holders (Subclass 500)
This qualification reflects the role of counsellors, who work with clients on personal and psychological issues using established counselling modalities.
They use communication, micro-counselling and interviewing skills and draw on varied counselling therapies to assist clients. You will work in defined and supported counselling roles in established agencies. The industry is expected to grow up to 27,800 workers by 2026 equating to a future growth of 14.2%.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Case Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Health and Leisure Worker
- Case Coordinator or Manager
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- This qualification has a maximum duration of 18 months, with the ability to complete in less than the allocated time
- There are no education entry requirements for this qualification. Student’s must be above the age of 17 to enrol and 18 years of age to complete work placement and complete this qualification. Students under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians’ permission to enrol
- Access to Canvas – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use of Canvas or other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
- 12-month Australian Community Counselling Association (ACCA) membership
Students are provided with the following:
- Training plan
- Learning material
- Qualified teachers with extensive industry experience
- Optional additional support sessions
- Targeted assessment tools
- Student Assistance Program (counselling sessions)
- Access to Master Classes
After achieving this qualification, you may undertake:
- CHC81015 Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling
- CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services
- CHC50413 Diploma of Youth Work
- CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health
To achieve CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling students are required to be found competent in a total of 17 units (13 core units and 4 elective units).
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group.
Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428) is a Registered Training Organisation and will be awarding the qualification on completion.