As an added bonus, because the TAFE courses are nationally recognised they serve as pathways to university degrees, so students can take their TAFE Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications and further their studies at the University of Tasmania or any other university in Australia.
Popular Tasmanian TAFE Courses
- Diploma of Counselling
- Certificate in MYOB 19
- Certificate III in Education Support (Teacher’s Aide)
- Certificate III in Aged Care
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- Diploma of Share Trading and Investment
- Certificate II in Nail Technology
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- Diploma of Events
- Certificate III in Disability
Tasmania Skills Institute
According to the website, Tasmania Skills Institute has grown beyond TAFE models of education to supply even more industry-relevant skills and information. The Institute has training centres right around Tasmania, offering its uber-TAFE courses in South Burnie, Devonport, Launceston and Hobart.
TAFE courses on offer include:
- Certificate I in Food Processing
- Certificate I in Engineering
- Certificate II in Marine
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management
- Certificate IV in Correction Practice
- Diploma of Human Resources
- Diploma of Community Services (Early Childhood Education and Care)
- Advanced Diploma of Management
- Advanced Diploma of Government
The TAS Skills Institute also offers TAFE short courses, such as welding, traffic management and rose pruning.
In keeping with the digital times, Tasmania Skills Institute offers online TAFE courses, including OHS eInductions to ensure compliance with OH&S requirements; eRSA and eRCG to help get relevant hospitality and gambling licences; WebCT and My Profiling to help TAS students get important information regarding the online study requirements and the apprenticeships and traineeships available; and Didasko which provides resources for hospitality, tourism and cookery students.
Tasmanian Polytechnic has locations all around Tasmania:
Tasmanian Polytechnic South:
- Bathurst Street Campus
- Bender Drive Campus
- Clarence Campus
- Drysdale South Campus
Tasmanian Polytechnic North:
- Alanvale Campus
- Drysdale North Campus
- Inversek Campus
- Launceston City Campus
- Wellington Square Campus
Tasmanian Polytechnic North West:
- Devonport Campus
- Burnie Campus
- Smithton Campus
Tasmanian Polytechnic Trade Training Centres:
- Dorset Trade Training Centre
- George Town Trade Training Centre
- Multi-trades Campus
- Electrotechnology Campus
- Bridgewater Regional Trade Training Centre
Given the wide range of facilities available, it shouldn’t be surprising that Tasmanian Polytechnic offers an incredibly diverse range of TAFE courses to students in TAS, as well as greater Australia and even international students. TAFE qualifications range from Certificate II to Advanced Diplomas.
- Certificate II in Agriculture
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology
- Certificate III in Design Fundamentals
- Certificate III in Media – Online (TAS)
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- Certificate IV in Marketing
- Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled/Division 2 Nursing)
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Tourism
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Design – Specialisation: Civil Engineering
Tasmanian Polytechnic also offers a range of short courses for continuous professional development and recreational purposes, such as Engineering, Eco and Adventure Guiding, Art and Design and Know Your Garden?.
Beyond TAFE, Tasmanian Polytechnic offers other courses and programs to help people in Tasmania further their education, such as literacy and numeracy, introduction to computers, migrant education and programs for students with special learning needs.
Use TafeCourses.com.au’s online education portal to find TAFE courses in Tasmania no matter where you are, even if you live outside of TAS.