- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
- Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with our updated course due for release in the next few months. Rest assured, completion of this course version with us before 30 October 2024 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a Career Advisor on 1300 616 197.
Prepare for a prosperous future in allied health with a nationally recognised qualification.
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics) will provide you with hands-on experience and real-world learning about the role of allied health assistants who aid healthcare professionals with treatment plans and programs for their patients. With a focus on nutrition and dietetics, you’ll also learn to assist dieticians with assessing, diagnosing and treating dietary and nutritional problems.
- Already working in the industry? This course will provide you with the qualifications to increase your responsibilities and improve your employability
- Ready to begin your career? Earn a nationally recognised qualification in just 18 months that will leave you fully prepared to apply for your dream jobs
- Looking to change careers? Get certified through a flexible, online course that boasts strong employment opportunities upon graduating
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Allied health assistant
- Dietician therapy assistant
What You'll Learn
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Assist with an allied health program
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 18 months
- Submit 1 unit of competency every 3 weeks to graduate in 18 months
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
- Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification
- You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
- Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
- Internet: High-speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic (Dial-up access is not recommended)
- Windows: Operating system – Windows 8 or above
- Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
- MAC: Operating system – OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
- Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
- When undertaking both qualifications the student must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement
- Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Knowledge questions
- Case studies
- Workplace projects
*This course contains the unit HLTAID011 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605), which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in your course fees.
About Foundation Education
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drives the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study - Our courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length - whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support - Our industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrollment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses - Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Number - 22557)