Are you looking for a career change and want to be part of improvements to the aged care sector? Have you previously gained a Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support, or similar qualification? Do you already work in aged care and now you’re ready to up-skill? Would you like to have your existing competency recognised? Perhaps you’d like to learn something new, update your team-leading skills and contribute to improved accreditation outcomes in your workplace.
What You'll Learn
This qualification is fast becoming a requirement for all PCAs as more employers call for Certificate IV trained workers to provide services to the elderly with complex needs.
The work may include:
- Provision of basic nursing care and other activities of daily living to individuals with complex needs
- Training and support of other workers and residents to promote independence and community participation
- Delegation to and supervision of other workers (e.g., Certificate III workers)
- Care planning and other documentation
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- While the full duration of this program is approximately 9 months, some individuals may be able to complete in a shorter time frame where relevant prior skills, knowledge and experience are demonstrated
2 days per week
With the Phillips Institute CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support, you can take control of your study and start anytime :
- Attend workshops two days per week for class-based training and enjoy learning with other aged care professionals
- Continue to work your usual hours while you complete the required training with our blended-online / distance activities and assessments
- Be guided by our highly experienced and qualified facilitators who will develop your individual learning plan, and provide guidance to you with workplace/placement visits
- An individual learning plan will be developed for you, depending on your existing skills, knowledge and experience, including any potential credit transfers or recognition of prior learning.
You can also study modules at your own pace using distance or online learning and can join this course at any time if you are currently working, or at specified entry points if you are not currently working
- Adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills are required for study at Certificate IV level. Applicants studying via and/or online will require intermediate-level computer skills and reliable access to a computer with Internet connection
- 120 hours
About Phillips Institute
Our courses are nationally recognised, which means you receive the accredited training and current skills for the workplace that employers expect.
We offer government-funded training to eligible applicants for most courses, and we even offer easy payment plans whether you’re funded or paying the full fee.
Class-based, facilitator-led training, with day, evening and weekend classes for Certificate III and Certificate IV programs. We also offer blended flexible learning, with online or print-based options for Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
If your course requires a placement, we will assist to source and organise one for you as close to your home as possible. This is a service we’ve been offering to our students for over 20 years.
Dedicated, professional educators with current industry knowledge and skills, and extensive training experience, ready to assist you to take the next step. And because we consult regularly with employer organisations, the training we deliver is what the industry expects.
Phillips Institute is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #21868)