Forecasts indicate there will be around 6,000 new job openings each year until 2023, with a total of 30,000 job openings. This is due to diagnosed mental health issues being on the rise in Australia, so there is a need for more mental health workers in the community services industry.
A career specialising in mental health services is both rewarding and challenging. Mental health workers make a difference to other people’s lives every day. Their skills include personal qualities such as compassion and patience, as well as the technical skills that their profession demands.
Our Certificate IV in Mental Health focuses on rehabilitation and support for people affected by mental illness and psychiatric disability, implementing community-based activities focusing on mental health, mental illness and psychiatric disability, and mental health promotion work. We aim to prepare you for the demands of the industry and ensure you are job-ready.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Community Rehabilitation and Support Worker
- NDIS Support Worker
- Mental Health Intake Officer
- Mental Health Outreach Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification however, students will need to obtain a Working with Children Check and National Police Check – we will assist you with both
- Access to – Kirana Colleges virtual campus
- Work Placement Assistance – A team dedicated to assisting with work placement during your course which may, in turn, to lead to future job prospects
- Welcome placement & job ready packs to assist with work placement
- 24-7 access to the Student Assistance Program (counselling support & advice, delivered by Access EAP)
- Kirana provides both telephone and face to face support
- Student support services, where students can receive support or assistance in the use other administrative enquiries
- Access to leading industry trainers and assessors who care about how you progress in the course
- Flexible learning options: online or blended
- Our online learning is interactive and encourages collaboration for when you want to be inspired by like-minded students and teachers
- 80 hours
About Kirana Colleges
At Kirana Colleges we believe you can change the world by starting with yourself.
Vocational education plays a critical role in creating a strong and healthy economy by equipping people with the skills they need to succeed. Kirana Colleges provides work-ready courses and qualifications that help build Australia’s economy and help graduates reach their potential by equipping them with the skills and ‘can do’ attitude employers are looking for.
Kirana Colleges nurtures people to reach their potential and create positive change in individuals, which leads to a better society in which to live and work. We’re focused on delivering the training outcomes our students and business need to thrive.
Kirana Colleges is a subsidiary brand of Kirana Education Group
Collaboration Learning Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 52247) Maxis Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO 91428)