- Please note: This is a fee-for-service program
The 10967NAT Diploma of Nutrition prepares you with the skills and experience to take on a variety of nutrition advisory roles across multiple environments and settings.
Who's It For?
- Already working in the health and fitness industry? This course will equip you with additional qualifications to further your career and increase your responsibilities
- Looking to kickstart your career? Enter the workforce after just 12 months of study with a nationally recognised Diploma of Nutrition
- Ready for a career change? Receive a new qualification through a flexible, online course that prepares you to enter an industry with promising employment opportunities
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Nutrition advisor
- Nutrition coach
What You'll Learn
- Effectively engage and communicate with a broad demographic of clients, including children and those of diverse cultural background
- Promote the importance of healthy eating in the community, educating on effective nutrition in accordance with the Australian Dietary Guidelines
- Be capable of pre-screening clients to identify and evaluate the risk of providing nutritional advice to clients in specific circumstances
- Apply depth of understanding of diet-related diseases and associated terminologies in diverse contextual ranges
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- Up to 12 months
- Flexible Delivery Options – We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible options through blended and online health and fitness courses to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience
- Dedicated Student Support – Access to a dedicated team of Student Support Officers to make the transition into study as smooth as possible
- The largest network of industry partnerships – AIPT has the largest network of employers, fitness professionals and fitness business owners
- 30 practical placement sessions in a health or fitness workplace under the supervision of an appropriately qualified Supervisor
Special conditions for this course
This qualification requires the candidate to complete 30 practical sessions in a health or fitness workplace under the supervision of one of the following:
- A qualified Personal Trainer who cumulatively holds the following:
» A Certificate IV or Diploma of Fitness
» Current Fitness Australia Registration or Equivalent
» At least two (2) years consecutive current practice as a Personal Trainer offering guidance to clients in line with the Australian Dietary Guidelines
- A person who holds a Diploma of Nutrition or Advanced Diploma of Nutrition
- A person who holds a Bachelor of Nutrition and/or Dietetics
- A registered and practising Nutritionist
- A registered and practising Dietitian
Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements
About Australian Institute of Personal Trainers
At the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) we are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip our students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside our partner Registered Training Organisation Foundation Education, we have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide.
When you study with AIPT you have access to:
- Dedicated student support - Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as smooth as possible.
- Largest network of locations - We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
- Flexible delivery options - We cater to all learning styles and offer flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO - 32363)