Trusted financial planners are essential to advise and support us, to navigate the good times – and the bad – and ensure that our hard-earned money works even harder for us.
Our Master of Financial Planning is designed for students who want to commence or progress their careers in financial planning and gain a FASEA-approved degree. Whether you are an experienced financial planner or new to the field, our Master’s program will provide in-depth knowledge and skills to help you stand out as an expert.
Studying a Master of Financial Planning will empower you to build a holistic view of the requirements of accredited financial planners, adding value to your career, clients and organisation and giving you an edge in your field.
VU Online’s award-winning online postgraduate Block Model will allow you to make the most of your study. Tailor your study to fit your schedule, benefit from 1:1 support and experience our student-centred approach that means you can complete your Master degree without needing to buy textbooks.
Invest in yourself and plan for success, with VU Online.
Note: FASEA accreditation will be mandatory for all financial planners by 1 January 2026.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Financial Adviser
- Financial Planner
- Insurance Adviser
- Superannuation Xonsultant
- Risk Adviser
- Business Development Manager
- Client Service Officer
What You'll Learn
VU Online’s Master of Financial Planning will give you a thorough understanding of the ethical and professional capacities required of financial planning advisers. You will enhance your foundational knowledge of financial planning and build advanced skills, allowing you to successfully navigate an ever-evolving landscape.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 2 years part-time
- VU Online provides you with the academic support you need, when you need it, throughout the course. With four layers of student support, our goal is to ensure you succeed in your studies
- Our highly experienced academics understand how to deliver a quality online learning experience and are responsive and accessible
- You will also have access to a dedicated Student Success Advisor, who provides motivation and one-on-one personalised assistance with non-academic matters for the duration of the course
- You will experience the support of a community through chat, virtual seminars and discussion board activity. Your support network is only a phone call or email away
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline OR
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline OR
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline and five (5) years of managerial experience OR
- Applicants without an undergraduate qualification may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate (in the same discipline) based on approved work experience. Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, graduates will be eligible for admission to this course with credit granted for completed units
- Award-winning study model: Our postgraduate online Block Model winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’, recognises the complexity of students’ lives while giving a consistent, manageable and connected online learning experience. Earn your Master of Financial Planning faster than on-campus, with our unique study model
- Gain a FASEA-approved degree and stand out as an expert: VU Online’s Master of Financial Planning is a FASEA-approved degree that will help you become a financial planner with advanced skills and knowledge in your field
- Support 7 days a week and in the evenings: Get the support you need, when you need it, during your course. Our support network has a single focus on ensuring you are entirely supported to succeed
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- You may be eligible to enter into the masters with credit for past skills and/or study, known as advanced standing
- If you’ve already completed any of the units in the course in which you are enrolling, or their equivalent, you may be eligible for advanced standing
About Victoria University Online
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, we make it easy to fit study around existing commitments including work, family and children. Our programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2020 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Our postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
Our online learning platform is a virtual one-stop shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings