- Study Now, Pay Later: Ask the GA team about the EdAid financing plan where you can pay $1,000 AUD up front and then split the remaining balance over 24 instalments that only start once you are earning over $60,000 AUD
Get the tech skills, career advice and networking opportunities needed to start a career in UX Design, in as little as three months. Some of the companies that have hired GA grads in Australia are: REA Group, XERO, Culture Amp, MYOB, Macquarie Bank and National Australia Bank (NAB).
General Assembly’s UX Design Certificate is a transformative course designed for you to get the necessary skills for a UX Design role. The bootcamp course is led by instructors who are expert practitioners in their field, supported by career coaches that work with you since day one and enhanced by a career services team that is constantly in talks with employers about their tech hiring needs.
By completing this course you will get hands-on experience applying essential tactics like wireframing, prototyping, user research, usability testing and even incorporating AI tools into your workflows. This will help distinguish yourself as a UX Designer by compiling a portfolio to showcase solo, group, and client projects to employers based on UX design and Agile methodologies.
Who's It For?
This is a beginner-friendly program with no prerequisites. Whether you’re new to the field or you’re looking to formalize your practice, our curriculum helps you launch a future-proof career designing digital experiences that solve power revenue, user loyalty, and product success. Students can talk to the General Assembly admissions team to explore your background and learning goals to advise if this data analytics bootcamp is a good fit for you.
What You'll Learn
As a graduate, you’ll have a portfolio of projects that show your creative and technical ability to launch the next generation of successful apps, websites and digital experiences. Throughout this program, you will:
- Identify and implement the most effective methods of user research to gain a deeper understanding of what users want and need
- Use interaction and visual design techniques to craft a dynamic digital product that brings delight and function to users
- Conduct usability testing to make product experiences more accessible for diverse user populations and environments
- Learn best practices for working within a product team, employing product management techniques and evaluating technical constraints to better collaborate with developers
- Produce polished design documentation, including wireframes and prototypes, to articulate design decisions to clients and stakeholders
- Prepare for the world of work, compiling a professional-grade portfolio of solo, group, and client projects
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 weeks full-time
- 40 hours a week
- Online instructor led sessions and self-paced lessons
- Instructor feedback and support provided in real time
- Personalized career coach support from day one and until you find a job
- Individual and team based projects to build your job-ready portfolio
- Powered by Zoom and Slack which mirrors most common workspaces
- Expert instruction in the skills you need to start a career as a UX Designer
- Self-paced pre-work to help you hit the ground running on day one of class
- Robust coursework, including expert-vetted lesson decks, project toolkits, and more
- A professional-grade portfolio of projects taken from concept to completion — each mirroring real life problems — that allows you to showcase your job readiness
- Individual feedback and guidance from instructors during office hours
- Dedicated career services to help you navigate your personal job search experience, from technical challenges, mock interviews, salary negotiation, and more
- Connections with a global professional network of instructors and peers that lasts well beyond the course
For your capstone project, you’ll translate the culmination of your design skills into a professional client engagement. Team up with classmates to deliver UX research and designs for an app, website, or product in a three-week design sprint.
Throughout this Immersive, you’ll also compile a portfolio of solo and group projects designed to reinforce what you’ve learned in each unit. Gain hands-on experience with each step in the UX process and create professional-standard documentation spanning research synthesis, information architecture, user flows, wireframes, and more.
Upon completing this course, you will receive a signed certificate of completion. Thousands of General Assembly alumni use their course certificate to demonstrate their job ready skills to potential employers — including the General Assembly network of 19K+ hiring partners — along with their LinkedIn networks.
Balley H.UX Design Bootcamp
Tiffany F.UX Design Bootcamp
The General Assembly career coaches work with you to individualize your path to a new software engineering career by working on your: application quality, personal branding, portfolio presentation, time management, interview skills and networking strategy.
Your career coach will be your accountability partner who will help you set goals, make a plan for success, and stay on track with your job search towards a career you love.
About General Assembly
Since 2011, General Assembly has graduated more than 40,000 students worldwide from the full time & part time courses. During the 2020 hiring shutdown, GA's students, instructors, and career coaches never lost focus, and the KPMG-validated numbers in their Outcomes report reflect it. *For students who graduated in 2020 — the peak of the pandemic — 74.4% of those who participated in GA's full-time Career Services program landed jobs within six months of graduation. General Assembly is proud of their grads + teams' relentless dedication and to see those numbers rising.