Elevate your passion for community betterment into a fulfilling career by enrolling in the CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services – a transformative educational experience. As a testament to the growing importance of this sector, the Australian Government is significantly bolstering resources, resulting in a projected threefold surge in demand for skilled professionals in the field over the upcoming decade. Your journey towards impactful change starts here, where your aspirations align with a future of meaningful opportunities.
Unlock a realm of opportunity with our CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services tailored for aspiring community services professionals. This credential epitomises the role of dedicated community services workers who champion person-centred services for individuals, groups, and communities.
At this stage, our learners acquire specialised prowess in community services, enabling them to operate autonomously within their designated sphere, guided by overarching directives from senior management.
Our graduates facilitate transformative change, enhancing personal and societal well-being. This journey may also encompass leadership over fellow team members and volunteers, alongside adept case management and seamless program coordination.
To attain this prestigious CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services, learners immerse themselves in a minimum of 200 hours of practical experience as outlined in the Assessment Requirements of the competency units.
Rest assured, the skills embraced within this CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services are aligned with Commonwealth and State or Territory regulations, as well as adhering to Australian standards and industry best practices.
It’s noteworthy that this CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services doesn’t presently require specific occupational licensing, certification, or legislative prerequisites. Your journey towards professional growth starts here.
Who's It For?
Discover the gateway to a meaningful career with our CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services in community services. This credential is tailored for individuals seeking to build foundational skills and make a positive difference in the lives of others. Under the guidance of seasoned mentors, you’ll gain the expertise to offer essential counselling, referrals, and promotional services.
Our program is designed to cater to those aiming to cultivate specialised abilities in interpersonal engagement. Community service workers play a pivotal role in providing personal, social, physical, and emotional support. Effective communication is key in this domain, requiring exceptional listening skills and the capacity to offer valuable advice and guidance. Clients facing a variety of challenges, whether physical, mental, familial, or situational, rely on workers who embody qualities of non-judgment, patience, care, and a profound understanding of available assistance services.
Join us on this journey to impact lives, equipped with the tools and aptitudes that empower you to provide compassionate and effective support within the realm of community services.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community services worker
- NDIS Support Worker
- Early intervention worker
- Group facilitator
- Youth officer
- Support facilitator
- Case worker
What You'll Learn
Embark on a transformative journey with the Diploma of Community Services, a gateway to launching your career within the vibrant community sector. Equip yourself to offer invaluable support, advocacy, and interventions to individual clients, groups, and entire communities, spanning a diverse spectrum of services.
Throughout this comprehensive program, you will master essential principles of community services, delving into the intricacies of operating within a community development framework. Learn to champion community participation and foster social inclusion, all while adhering to legal and ethical guidelines. Sharpen your abilities to assess co-existing needs and interact effectively with a diverse array of individuals.
Prepare to carve your niche in the dynamic landscape of community services, armed with a skillset that empowers you to make a tangible impact. The Diploma of Community Services is your conduit to a fulfilling and purposedriven career path.
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 18 months
Experience a comprehensive learning journey through our innovative blended delivery model, expertly designed to cater to diverse learning styles. This engaging approach seamlessly integrates various elements to provide you with a well-rounded education:
- Synchronous Online Classroom Sessions: Immerse yourself in Trainer-led, synchronous online classroom sessions that foster real-time interaction and engagement.
- Structured Self-Paced Online Study: Utilise our platform for structured, self-paced online study, enabling you to grasp the material at your own pace while maintaining your commitments.
- Dynamic Skills Development and Practice: Elevate your skills during dedicated interactive sessions that encourage hands-on learning and practical application.
- Real-world Work Placement: Gain invaluable real-world experience through a comprehensive 10-week work placement, equipping you with practical insights and industry exposure.
Complementing this comprehensive training are personalised one-on-one unit progression mentoring sessions, tailored to your unique needs. The entire program spans 78 weeks (18 months), thoughtfully divided as follows:
- 62 Weeks: Engage in scheduled class training and assessment, ensuring a strong foundation of knowledge and skills.
- 6 Weeks Break: Enjoy well-deserved breaks, with 4 weeks at the end of the year and 2 weeks mid-year, allowing you to recharge.
- 10 Weeks Work Placement: Embark on a 20-hour-per-week work placement over 10 weeks, gaining practical experience and industry connections.
Seize this holistic educational opportunity that blends theory, practice, and real-world exposure to propel your career forward.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV in Community Services
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test
- Be capable of completing 200 hours of work placement in a suitable health facility.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement).
- Have a valid Police Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement).
- Have the required immunisations, including COVID-19 vaccination, as required to attend the placement facility. Please note, additional immunisations may be required given the Government or placement facility’s health policy changes.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the enrolment form and during the enrolment interview.
- Guaranteed work placement & post-graduation employment opportunities to work in our national clinics
- 100 hours (completed at the end of the course)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Applicants can apply for recognition of their existing skills and knowledge that are relevant to the units of competency within the program.
The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, response to case studies and completing practical demonstrations. The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied: Written tasks; Case Study; Practical Activities and online Demonstrations via Zoom or another streaming service.
- Computer and internet
Hader Institute of Education provides support to all learners through the trainer and the Hader Institute of Education Learner Support Officer.
The selection of these units of competency and the CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services structure has been confirmed through industry engagement undertaken by Hader Institute of Education.
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
We believe in a future where everyone feels included, connected, valued and belongs. We’re in business to empower people to help each other on their paths to discovery and transformation.
Connected online learning in Mental Health, Youth Work, Community Services and Alcohol & Other Drugs.
At Hader Institute of Education, we recognise that education is the pathway to opportunity. We are the leading online education and training provider to individuals wanting to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling. This is a responsibility we take seriously.
Mental and substance use disorder doesn’t just affect the individual, but also the wider community. As people who care deeply about our fellow humans, we show up in this education sector wholeheartedly, with a desire to create positive and lasting change.
Ours is a relatively new business. We knew that starting a new organisation at this time - came with a responsibility to look beyond “business-as-usual”. That’s why we are using our business to create the kind of positive change that society truly needs.
This goes directly to who we are at Hader and why we exist - we believe in a future where everyone feels included, connected, valued, and belongs.
This belief inspires our mission…through learning, community, and support, we’re here to empower people to help each other on their paths to discovery and transformation.
By focusing our efforts on supporting good mental health and wellbeing – through our people, learners, our industry, and the wider community – we help each other on our paths to self-discovery; together building a connected and inclusive future where we all belong.
Right now, we live in times of crisis, uncertainty and for many, self-doubt. But these times are also filled with great opportunities; to rise to the challenges we face and to demonstrate what human endeavour can achieve, especially when we work together.
This is the kind of stuff that dreams are made of. When we help people take control of their lives, we open the door to self-belief. The magic happens here. It’s where the impossible becomes possible and where people connect to the power of their dreams.
If ever there was a need for people to dream of a better, more connected, and inclusive future, now is that time. If this connects with you then come and join our community of fellow dreamers.
Together, let’s make a difference, today.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.