At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
Who's It For?
- Individuals seeking work in the community services sector at a supervisory or managerial level
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Community services worker
- NDIS Support Worker
- Early intervention worker
- Group facilitator
- Youth officer
- Support facilitator
- Case worker
What You'll Learn
- This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration Study Load
- 12 months
- 22 hours per week
- This is a blended delivery model which incorporates Trainer-led synchronous online zoom classroom sessions for 3 hours per week in the evening, a monthly one-hour one-on-one mentoring session with your trainer (zoom, phone) plus you will need to complete 22 hours per week undertaking structured self-paced study
- All learning and assessment materials are accessed via the student online portal. You will have the support of a trainer/assessor throughout your studies
- 18 years of age
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Certificate IV in Community Servies or currently working in the field
- Guaranteed work placement & post-graduation employment opportunities to work in our national clinics
- 100 hours (completed at the end of the course)
Recognition Of Prior Learning
- Students can apply
- The assessment is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace tasks, projects, knowledge tests, response to case studies and completing practical demonstrations
- Computer and internet
About Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd
Hader Institute of Education is part of the Seasons-Hader Group which operates drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities in Australia, Indonesia and Europe.
The Hader Clinic has established itself as the predominant addiction rehabilitation and recovery treatment organisation in Australia. Starting as a small independent Melbourne clinic in 1998, The Hader Clinic now operates several of the largest and most well-renowned rehabilitation facilities in the country.
Seasons Bali has grown into one of Asia’s most respected addiction treatment centres. Seasons were the first addiction treatment centre to open in Bali. Seasons Bali is the only ISO9001 certified rehab in South East Asia. This certification is crucial as it assures that Seasons Bali has achieved the standard of international best practices. Seasons holistic approach to recovery involves the latest evidence-based recovery technology alongside holistic treatments such as meditation, yoga and diet, complemented by integration activities such as surfing, watersports, sightseeing and local community volunteer work. Rather than a hospital environment, we have created an environment that is uplifting and inspiring.
Hader Institute of Education is at the core of providing education and training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Alcohol and other Drug and Counselling programs. We are unique in that we are leaders in the industry with Seasons Bali and the Hader Clinic’s Drug and Alcohol rehabilitation programs.
Hader Institute of Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation RTO #45162.