If you have ever dreamed of working in a zoo or wildlife park, a Certificate III in Captive Animals course is for you. The program, which is also known as Cert 3 Captive Animals, is a nationally recognised qualification that will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to care for captive animals.
Some of the key areas of focus in this program include:
- Animal Welfare: Understanding and managing the welfare of captive animals, including feeding, nutrition, and environmental enrichment.
- Animal Health: Identifying signs of ill health, providing basic animal first aid, and administering medication as prescribed by a veterinarian.
- Animal Handling: Using safe and effective handling techniques to work with captive animals, including restraint, transportation, and capture.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation: Providing care for sick or injured wildlife, including assessment, triage, and rehabilitation.
- Environmental Management: Understanding the impact of captive animals on the environment and developing strategies to minimise this impact.
- Communication: Communicating effectively with colleagues, members of the public, and other stakeholders about the care of captive animals and the importance of conservation.
Over the course, you’ll receive hands-on training in animal rescue, first aid, rehabilitation of native wildlife, and care for young animals. Our experienced trainers, who are some of Australia’s most skilled zookeepers, will guide you through the course, providing practical training and industry insights.
By completing our Cert 3 in Captive Animals program, you’ll be well-equipped to work in a variety of roles, including wildlife carer and zookeeper. These roles are highly rewarding and come with an average weekly pay of $1,150 and $1,300, respectively.
We offer flexible payment options to help make our program accessible to everyone, including a discount for those who pay their tuition fees upfront. Additionally, we provide Recognition of Prior Learning for work experience or formal qualifications you may have undertaken to shorten the time you need to study.
Enquire now to find out more about our Cert 3 Captive Animals or related animal care and dog courses. Join us and start your journey towards a career working with animals.