What is a Certificate IV Celebrancy course?
A Certificate IV in Celebrancy is an Australian course that allows you to perform the specific legislative responsibilities of marriage celebrants, as well as other kinds of client celebrancy, including memorial services. A Certificate IV course will also give you a solid learning base should you wish to go on to complete further studies.
What does a Certificate IV Celebrancy course teach me?
There is a range of careers and job careers for students who complete a Cert IV in Celebrancy. A course will give you a solid basis to plan marriage ceremonies, run a small business in wedding or marriage services or funeral services. During a Certificate IV you may learn:
- How to interview clients
- How to work with diverse people and ensure the service they receive is suited to them
- About the rise of sustainable celebrancy practice
- What it takes to run a marriage celebrancy practice
- How the commonwealth and the attorney-general’s department impacts community services such as marriage celebrancy
- How to provide face to face grief support for those who have lost loved ones
- How to present ceremonies in a range of ways to suit your client’s needs
- What the role of celebrants are at different ceremonies
- How to manage small business operations
These are often taught during one of many core units of competency, which include:
- Prepare for, present and evaluate marriage ceremonies (chccel007)
- Interview clients and plan marriage ceremonies (chccel006)
- Develop sustainable celebrancy practice (chccel001)
- Establish client celebrancy needs (chccel002)
- Prepare for, present and evaluate ceremonies (chccel004)
- Plan, present and evaluate funeral and memorial ceremonies (chccel008)
- Work legally and ethically (chcleg001)
- Provide loss and grief support (chcccs017)
- Market the small business (bsbsmb403)
- Undertake small business planning (bsbsmb404)
How to Complete a chc41015 Certificate IV in Celebrancy
One of the best things about studying within the Australian community is the availability of online courses. Provided you can use communication methods online effectively, you can enrol and complete your course online. This means you can write content for your course wherever you are, and complete the required training while travelling around the world, from Melbourne to London and beyond!
The tuition fee you pay, elective units you take and training package that’s available will largely be dependent on the TAFE or organisation you choose to enrol in. For further information, make sure to browse available Certificate IV Celebrancy courses above, and get started on your future today!